BOCA RATON, Fla., May 03, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — ADT Inc. (NYSE: ADT), the most trusted brand in smart home and security for small businesses, today released its Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report. for 2021 releases details of the steps the company has taken to advance its ESG program.
“Respecting the environment, promoting social responsibility and conducting business responsibly are fundamental to who ADT is and guide our safe, smart and sustainable business practices,” said Jim DeVries, President and CEO of ADT. “Most importantly, we believe that embedding ESG into our business priorities will better enable us to fulfill our core purpose – empowering people to protect themselves and connect to what matters most.”
The report includes several key highlights of ADT’s ESG progress, including:
- Creation and definition of eight key ESG pillars;
- Measures to promote inclusivity, diversity and belonging and the general well-being of employees;
- Measures to reduce waste and emissions while promoting more effective use of resources;
- prioritizing customer privacy;
- Product and technology innovations to fulfill the core task;
- And the impact of the philanthropy and volunteerism of ADT employees in communities across the country.
In addition, the report discusses the steps ADT has taken to advance its ESG initiative, including:
- embedding oversight responsibility for ESG issues in the mandate and charter of the Audit Committee of the ADT Board;
- preparing ADT’s second disclosure report hosted by the Sustainable Accounting Standards Board (“SASB”);
- Establish a cross-functional ESG working group at management and executive level to guide ESG efforts across the business;
- Assessing and integrating ESG-specific risks and opportunities into the company’s risk management practices;
- Completed a materiality assessment to identify, define and prioritize the ESG issues with the greatest potential impact on ADT’s stakeholders and business performance.
ADT’s 2021 ESG Report is available on ADT’s Investor Relations website.
ADT provides safe, smart, and sustainable solutions for people, homes, and businesses. Through innovative offerings, unmatched security, and a best-in-class customer experience, all delivered by the largest network of smart home security experts in the United States, we empower people to protect themselves and connect to what matters most. Visit www.adt.com for more information.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
ADT has made statements in this press release that are forward-looking and, as such, are subject to risks and uncertainties. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, contained in this press release are or may be “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and are made in reliance on the safe harbor safeguards provided thereunder . These forward-looking statements relate to the Company’s ability to successfully grow its ESG program and embed its ESG initiatives into its business in a manner that enables the Company to achieve its business and financial goals. Forward-looking statements are based on management’s current beliefs and assumptions and on information currently available to management. ADT cautions that these statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond ADT’s control, and could cause future events or results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release, including, without limitation, risks and uncertainties in the related to the company’s ability to establish a successful ESG program and successfully embed ESG initiatives into its business and risk factors described in the company’s annual report on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and other filings are of the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the sections therein entitled “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations”. Any forward-looking statement in this press release speaks only as of the date on which it is made. ADT undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.
Media and investor contacts:
ADT Investor Relations: