Air fryers have been all the rage lately, and with good reason. Food cooked in an air fryer is often just as tasty as fried food, but with far fewer calories.
Let’s face it – there are very few foods that work well in the deep fryer. A handful of Persian appetizers like fesenjan do well deep fried, but most of your favorite dishes like chicken wings, french fries and chicken fingers do better in the air fryer.
This recipe is a great starting point if you are new to the air fryer and need an easy, delicious recipe to make at home. It’s also a fun way to spice up a boring chicken breast with some flavors from an Italian meal.
1/4 cup flour (for dredge)
2 eggs beaten
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
3 pounds boneless chicken breasts (about 6 medium or 4 large)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper (plus more for seasoning chicken)
2 tablespoons olive oil to oil the air fryer at 350º F and prepare your ingredients below. Mix together the flour, eggs and panko just before adding them to the air fryer basket; put aside.
Season both sides of each boneless chicken breast with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning; Roll in flour mixture, then repeat two more times; pat dry with paper towels or a clean cloth. Place each cutlet between two sheets of parchment paper and gently pound with a rolling pin until flat, so the creases are evenly distributed on both sides.
Cut 1-inch-wide strips lengthwise down the center of each cutlet; then gently twist them into crescent shapes; Repeat on the other side of each cutlet.
Don’t worry if they don’t stay in perfect circles at this point! Set aside while the dough is done. Whisk together all the remaining ingredients for the filling except the parsley and lemon juice (except for the garlic powder).
Season with salt and pepper after all ingredients have been combined, pour over the patties and fold into triangles, leaving about 1/4″ uncooked space between them.
Chicken wings from the air fryer
- Salt and pepper the chicken wings, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss the chicken so it is coated with salt, pepper and oil. You can use tongs or your hands for this, but be sure to wash your hands after handling the raw meat when you’re done!
- Place the chicken in your air fryer at 200°C for about 15 minutes until nice and crispy on the outside and cooked through to 165°F on the inside (use a meat thermometer if you have one). Flip them halfway through cooking so both sides are equally delicious and crispy!
- When everything is ready, take out your sauce of choice (or make a fresh one if you’re ambitious) and brush these wings generously. Don’t forget to add some parsley or scallions if you want to take it to the next level of fantasy!
- Serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese if desired, grab napkins, eat up and enjoy!
Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Preheat air fryer to 191°C.
- Add the chicken fillets and toss with oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Add the chicken breast fillets to the breadcrumbs and brush thoroughly on all sides.
- Place chicken fillets in an even layer in the air fryer basket, without touching each other. (Work in batches if necessary.)
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until golden and crispy on both sides. Use tongs to turn each tender halfway through cooking. Cooking times may vary slightly depending on the brand of air fryer. So use your best judgment when it comes to doneness and check often if you are unsure of how long they will take based on your appliance’s wattage or heating element. Always check if it’s done before removing it from the heat source by slicing into a piece that hasn’t touched another piece of food during cooking, checking the temperature with a meat thermometer probe inserted into the center of the meat , or visually inspect to ensure the juice is clear when pierced with a fork (light pink juices indicate undercooking is likely). Make sure there is no pink in it! If undercooked, return to air fryer, cook at 50% power for another 1-2 minutes, then check again until cooked through but not overdone. Don’t overcook!!! This leads to dryness, which leads to toughness and loss of flavor/juice! Serve immediately with ranch dressing for dipping (or blue cheese), if desired.
Korean style easy air fried chicken
- In a large bowl, stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and gochujang to form a marinade.
- Put the chicken in the marinade; cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (and overnight).
- When ready to cook the chicken, place in an Airfryer basket and cook for 18-22 minutes (or until the internal temperature reaches 165F).
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and garnish with spring onions before serving.
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Next, on a plate or shallow bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, flour, breadcrumbs, and Italian seasonings. In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs until combined.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture first, then dip in the panko and parmesan mixture and press to thoroughly coat both sides in the crumb mixture. Place breaded chicken breasts in the basket of your air fryer (or if you have a large air fryer, you may need to cook them individually).
- If you are cooking 2 or 3 at the same time, make sure they are not touching or overlapping as this will result in uneven cooking results and a soggy bottom!
- Now brush the tops of each chicken breast piece liberally with olive oil or spray with olive oil to get a light coat of oil. Place in preheated air fryer for 9-10 minutes, turning halfway through, until nicely cooked through, golden brown and crispy!
- Serve immediately, on lettuce or even on pasta!
Baked Sesame Orange Chicken
Preparation is key. Get everything you need out and ready before you start cooking because it will be a quick process.
First, take a small bowl and pour in 1/3 cup orange juice. Then take your whisk and set it aside. Next, take a medium bowl and mix together the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper using a whisk or fork until well combined.
Take your paper towel and place it on the counter before placing your chicken breasts on it to pat dry. This will remove excess moisture from the chicken so it will be nice and crispy when cooked in the air fryer!
Next, you should brush each piece of chicken with the flour mixture with one hand (the other should still have some moisture from washing). Place the breaded chicken in a large mixing bowl and pour oil over all sides until completely coated. toss until evenly coated with oil before transferring to a plate lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleaning later!
Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F (199 degrees C).
- Pat wings dry with kitchen paper. Combine garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Place the wings on top and toss to coat them evenly.
- Place half of the wings in a single layer in the preheated air fryer basket; If necessary, cook in batches to avoid crowding or overlapping the chicken wings.
- Cook at 199°C for about 20 minutes until golden and crispy, turning halfway through cooking to ensure even browning.
Juicy Air Fryer chicken breast with honey mustard sauce
How to make succulent air fryer chicken breasts
Preheat air fryer to 400F for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, stir together the honey, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and olive oil. Mix in the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and brush well with the mixture. Let sit at room temperature while you prepare the breadcrumb mixture.
Toss panko with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasonings in a shallow bowl or on a plate. Coat the chicken breasts in the panko mixture until coated on all sides. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil spray. Place the chicken skin-side up in the basket if you want crispy skin (I always do). Cook at 400F for 10 minutes, then flip and cook another 7-10 minutes or until no longer pink inside (cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts). Transfer the cooked chicken to an ovenproof dish or platter and grill for 3-5 minutes or until the top is golden brown, if desired!
These chicken air fryer recipes are so easy and so delicious! Your new favorite way to cook chicken.
To say these are easy recipes is an understatement.
The air dryer is a no-fuss way to cook chicken that turns out perfect every time. The only thing I would add here is to check the internal temperature of the meat with a meat thermometer to make sure it’s cooked to 165°F.
You may be wondering why you should cook air fryer chicken recipes when you already have an oven, stovetop and grill. Air fryers are great at getting the skin crispy and perfect without drying out the inside of the meat.
This versatile cooking method turns even frozen chicken breasts into delicious pieces in minutes.
If you love fried chicken but want it without the fat and grease, air fryers are your answer. Consider the time and money you can save by using an air fryer, not to mention the health benefits.